India: CGPDTM implements automated system for generation and issuance of Registration Certificates
The Controller General of Patents Design and Trademarks (CGPDTM) issued a public notice dated July 28, 2016 regarding the automated process of generation and issuance of Registration Certificate. The notice states that from August 1, 2016 the Registration certificates will be generated through an automated system in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Trade Marks Act & Rules and shall be made available to the applicants concerned or their authorized agents on record.
The Registration Certificates will be issued for the Trademark Applications
- which have been published in the Trade Marks Journal Number 1720 dated 23.11.2015 and thereafter,
- where no request for amendment filed on behalf of the applicant is pending for disposal,
- where the copy of original application for registration is available in the Trade Marks Registry’s electronic database,
- where no requirement (like fee, Power of Attorney, etc.) is pending for compliance on part of the applicant , and
- Which have not been specifically prohibited for registration by the order of any court, IPAB or any competent authority.
The cases which are left out by the automated registration process due to the reasons aforesaid will be processed as per law by the Registration wing of the Examination Publication and Registration Section of the TMR Mumbai through the present Trade Marks System on a case to case basis.
Further the Registration Certificates generated through this automated process will be transmitted to the Applicant concerned or his authorized agent on record on their email address for which it is advised by CGPDTM to provide their valid email id with the HO/Front Office Counter of the respective TMR Offices for facilitation of quick transmission of registration certificates.
The Registration Certificates will also be made available on the CGPDTM official website www.ipindia.nic.in along with status of the application concerned.